Re: On what we want to support: travel? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: On what we want to support: travel?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 11:41:48AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> it's a good example, because a TPC membership does us no good if nobody
> attends the TPC meetings ... which gets us into paying for travel again.

I won't speak for Peter, but explaining to my bosses why giving money
for sending some backend developer to a TPC meeting is a good idea
would take me about 10 minutes.  Explaining why giving money to
someone to go and talk about PostgreSQL as a marketing exercise is,
for me, going to take rather longer, and likely with fewer results.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Windows is a platform without soap, where rats run around
in open sewers.
        --Daniel Eran