Re: VACUUMs take twice as long across all nodes - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gavin Hamill
Subject Re: VACUUMs take twice as long across all nodes
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi :)

[pg_dump from a Slony replica]

> That's not the problem.  The problem is that when you restore the
> dump of the slave, you'll have garbage.  Slony fools with the
> catalogs on the replicas.

>  (And you might as well throw away the
> dumpfiles from the replicas that you have.  They won't work when you
> restore them.)

This is interesting, but I don't understand.. We've done a full restore
from one of these pg_dump backups before now and it worked just great.

Sure I had to DROP SCHEMA _replication CASCADE to clear out all the
slony-specific triggers etc., but the new-master ran fine, as did
firing up new replication to the other nodes :)

Was I just lucky?

Cheers,
Gavin.