Re: VACUUMs take twice as long across all nodes - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gavin Hamill
Subject Re: VACUUMs take twice as long across all nodes
Date
Re: VACUUMs take twice as long across all nodes  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:17:29 -0500
"Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net> wrote:

> Are you sure that there's nothing else happening on the machine that
> could affect the vacuum times? Like, say a backup? Or perhaps updates
> coming in from Slony that didn't used to be there?

I'm absolutely certain. The backups run from only one slave, given that
it is a full copy of node 1. Our overnight traffic has not increased
any, and the nightly backups show that the overall size of the DB has
not increased more than usual growth.

Plus, I have fairly verbose logging, and it's not showing anything out
of the ordinary.

Like I said, it's one of those awful hypothesis/hand-waving problems :)

Cheers,
Gavin.