Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [DOCS] Replication documentation addition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 11:38:11AM +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

> Can we name the chapter "Fail-over, Load-Balancing and Replication
> Options"? That would fit everything and contain the necessary buzz words.

> IMHO, it does not make sense to speak of a synchronous replication for a
> 'Shared Disk Fail Over'. It's not replication, because there's no replica.

As you point out, there is no replica of the data, but there is some
protection against machine failure, which puts it firmly in the
"Fail-over" part above.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!