Re: New CRC algorithm: Slicing by 8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: New CRC algorithm: Slicing by 8
Date
Re: New CRC algorithm: Slicing by 8  ("Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 08:10:56PM +0530, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    Michael Kounavis has given a green signal (please refer the forwarded
> message).

I don't think that helps. The publishing date of this article was March
2006. If this is really the first time this algorithm was published, that
means that anyone else (or even the author) has the option of patenting
this algorithm sometime before March 2007 and still claiming they
invented it first.

And realistically we would wait at least a year or three after that,
because you don't get to see patents as they're applied for.

Maybe March 2010 we can look into it...

Have a nice day,