Re: estimated_count() implementation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: estimated_count() implementation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 11:44:19PM +0300, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> I'm trying to implement estimated_count() function that's mentioned in
> the TODO list. First of all, I wanted to learn if this TODO item is
> still valid? I looked at the related -hackers discussions, does anybody
> want to say more sth related with the implementation?

I hadn't noticed the TODO item but about a year ago I posted a
cursor_plan_rows() function and asked for comments.  The only reply
was from Tom, who said, "Given how far off it frequently is, I can't
believe that any of the people who ask for the feature would find
this a satisfactory answer :-("

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg00579.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg00580.php

--