Re: Hints WAS: Index Tuning Features - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Hints WAS: Index Tuning Features
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark,

First off, I'm going to request that you (and other people) stop hijacking
Simon's thread on hypothetical indexes.   Hijacking threads is an
effective way to get your ideas rejected out of hand, just because the
people whose thread you hijacked are angry with you.

So please observe the thread split, thanks.

> Well, if it would get rejected if it looked like Oracle, assuming you
> would probably be one of the people rejecting it, what do you envision
> as not being rejected?

Something "better than Oracle".

Since you're the one who wants hints, that's kind of up to you to define.
Write a specification and make a proposal.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun