Re: long running transactions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tobias Brox
Subject Re: long running transactions
Date
List pgsql-performance
[Tom Lane - Tue at 02:04:55PM -0400]
> > It seems stuck, has had the same transid for a long while, and the
> > number of undeletable dead rows in our tables are increasing.
>
> Perhaps you have overly aggressive vacuum cost delay settings?

Perhaps, though I wouldn't expect it to sleep in the middle of a
transaction - and also, it really did seem to me that it's doing work
rather than only sleeping.

The transaction id for the vacuum process is the same now as when I
wrote the previous email, and the number of dead unremovable rows have
increased steadily.

The settings in effect are:

autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 500
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = 200