Re: Poor performance on very simple query ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tobias Brox
Subject Re: Poor performance on very simple query ?
Date
Re: Poor performance on very simple query ?  (Guillaume Cottenceau <gc@mnc.ch>)
Re: Poor performance on very simple query ?  (Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com>)
List pgsql-performance
[Arnaud Lesauvage - Tue at 02:13:59PM +0200]
> Tobias Brox wrote:
> >Oh, the gid is not primary key.  I guess I should also apologize for
> >adding noise here :-)
>
> Yes, it is a primary key, but I am the noise maker here ! ;-)

Oh - it is.  How can you have a default value on a primary key?  Will it
use the index if you do "analyze"?  Is there an index on the table at
all, do you get it up if you ask for a description of the table (\d
tablename)?