Re: JAVA Support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: JAVA Support
Date
Re: JAVA Support  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Henry,

> Sun demonstrated that you could build the existing Kerberos support
> with the current Solaris 11 beta's.  They opened the "native" MIT
> Kerberos API for outside use.

Yes, and this will be available via the supported version in Solaris 10 Update
4.

However, that doesn't change that some people would like us to support GSSAPI,
and there may be some benefit (additional applications, better network
authentication, etc.) for doing so.  If we can get additional programmers to
code the support (i.e. Sun, JPL) I don't see any reason not to support the
*additional* authentication methods.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun