Re: New version of money type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: New version of money type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:35:03 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> wrote:
> For years I have been promising that a 64 bit version of the money type
> was on the way.  Here it is.  So far it compiles and I have done some
> basic testing on it and it seems to work fine.  Note that the currency
> symbol is also dropped on output as well but it is accepted on input.
>
> darcy=# select '$92,233,720,368,547,758.07'::money;
>            money
>   92,233,720,368,547,758.07

There has been plenty of discussion back and forth but still no ruling
from core.  Is money out in the next release in which case I can
convert this to a contrib module or will this improvement be accepted
for the next release.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves