Re: query rewrite rules for updateable views? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Grabner
Subject Re: query rewrite rules for updateable views?
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Montag, 25. September 2006 07:09 schrieb A. Kretschmer:
> am  Mon, dem 25.09.2006, um  2:56:47 +0200 mailte Markus Grabner folgendes:
> >     Hi!
> >
> >     As far as I understand, one can simulate updateable views in
> > PostgreSQL by providing appropriate query rewrite rules. Is there any
> > tool to automatically create these rules for a given set of table and
> > view definitions?
>
> Bernd Helme is developing this, take a look at
> http://www.oopsware.de/pgsql_viewupdate.html, but this is *NOT* intended
> for production use!
Thanks for the hint, this looks promising! However, I was looking for a
solution which I can use as "addon" to an existing PostgreSQL installation
(e.g., a script to run manually after each table/view creation or
modification) until this feature is fully integrated as tested. Any ideas
about that (or can Bernd's code be used this way)?

    Thank you & kind regards,
        Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16a/II, 8010 Graz, Austria