Re: 8.3 Development Cycle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: 8.3 Development Cycle
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday 22 September 2006 12:40, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tom Dunstan <pgsql@tomd.cc> writes:
> > Joshua's original mail suggested that only certain features would go in.
> > Is that still on the cards, or will other features be considered if
> > they're ready?
>
> You'll note that Dave's mail said no such thing.

I'd like to see some type of statement from core what level of changes thier
willing to allow in the core for this short release (system catalog changes
seem like a must, and looks like on disk format changes is ok too?)  Of
course my angle is making the upgrade from 8.2->8.3 as painless as
possible... if we can avoid a dump/reload cycle then people are less likely
to have to choose between 8.2 and 8.3, which would make everyone happy I
imagine.
--
Robert Treat