Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Release Notes: Major Changes in 8.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 11:24:53AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >
> > What happened to PL/pgSQL debugging?  Did it die?
>
> The debuggers is going to be on pgfoundry, if it isn't there already.
> The idea is that it would be loadable for 8.2, work out all the bugs,
> and perhaps included in 8.3.

But didn't we end up putting some hooks in the backend to make this
possible?

Regardless, I think we should include a section of major new
projects/developments from pgFoundry, because they ultimately make
PostgreSQL a more useful database. Maybe this list should only be in the
PR (and not the release notes)...