Re: [pgsql-www] Developer's Wiki - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Developer's Wiki
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 06:52:59PM +0200, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Thinking a head (and maybe too far then we really need to at this
> point): So how will this work once they become "official". I assume
> Bruce's todo list would then link to the wiki and the editing would
> become more conservative? Would the status get frozen? I assume that if
> the given functionality is expanded/changed in future releases then it
> would be done in the same document? Or would a new document be startet
> to detail the new development process that would simply optionally list
> previous documents?

Unsure. I know twiki has the possibility to add a tag to a page that
restricts the users that can edit a page. I assume the same could be
used here somewhere, though I am unsure how.

I'm not sure it's a real problem though. What's the risk? That someone
will add something to the wiki that confuses people? At the end of the
day it's the patch that gets reviewed, not the wiki page. Once the
patch is in it's just historical interest I guess...

Have a nice day,