Re: 8.2 beta blockers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 8.2 beta blockers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Lukas,

> Ah, I just checked the libpq docs and there seems to be a
> PQescapeStringConn. Not sure when this was added, I think PHP does not
> yet use it. I will investigate this and will make sure its used in favor
> of the deprecated old PQescapeString function.

PHP driver authors and major PHP projects (PHPBB, SQL-Ledger, GForge, etc.)
were notified about this *before* it happened.   I beleive that PDO will
support it soon, pg_connect already does, and PEAR::DB2 does.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun