BUG #2632: createuser language poblem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Massimo Fidanza
Subject BUG #2632: createuser language poblem
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2632
Logged by:          Massimo Fidanza
Email address:      max@massimofidanza.it
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu 6.04
Details:

Hi, I discover a very annoying bug in the create user command. I have the
environment variable LANG=it_IT.UTF-8 and when I try to crate a new user wit
the create user command, at he prompt I have the three questions
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n)
Shall the new role be allowed to create databases? (y/n)
Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n)
So I ask y only to the second, but when I try to create a new database with
the new just created user it claims that I don't have permissions. So I drop
the user and recreated it several times. After a lot of tentative I discover
the arcane I must ask s=sì the italian affermative answer during
createuser, but the question is in english. This is a very stupid bug. I
think the right is to accept the italian and the english answer as oher
commands do like apt. Translate the question to is not a bad idea.