Truncation of email subject lines - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Truncation of email subject lines
Date
Re: Truncation of email subject lines  (Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I have confirmed that my email client, elm-ME+, is wrapping long subject
lines on output, e.g.:
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: sslinfo contrib module - information        about current SSL

and because majordomo is stripping any secondary lines, the subjects are
getting truncated.  It took me a while to figure this out because my
mail reader displays multi-line subjects just fine.

When we started talking about the problems with multi-line subjects, I
figured it wasn't a problem --- who would make a multi-line subject?  I
didn't realize mail readers would do that automatically.

Should I try hacking my mail reader to prevent this?  I think I see
where it is happening in the code.