Re: New version of money type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: New version of money type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 01:56:16PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Darcy,
>
> > The biggest argument about the money type is that it has an unrealistic
> > limit.
>
> Funny, I thought it was the lack of operators, conversions and any clear plan
> on how to have a money type that supports multiple currencies.

Indeed, the multiple currencies is what I thought was the real killer.
The taggedtypes module provides a way to handle the multiple currencies
part, I don't think there have been any other real contenders.

Ofcorse, if this is a faster numeric type, you could use the
taggedtypes module to turn it into a generic money type. Win win.

Have a nice day,