Re: Mid cycle release? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Mid cycle release?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Well on that same vein (with a +1), I know that we lost at least 8 weeks
> of productivity from various vacations etc.. during the summer. When you
> incorporate everyone else that is involved with postgresql, I could
> easily see almost a full man year lost, by having freeze where it is
> now.
>
> I think having a freeze more toward march/april makes a heck of a lot of
> sense.

Not against the idea ... would push more for March freeze though ... that
way admins can plan for upgrades over their 'slow summer months' ... March
would effectively look at a June 1st (-ish) release, so even a bit of a
slip would still see it as the summer starts ...

----