Re: references/tutorial/tricks on dynamic generation of - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject Re: references/tutorial/tricks on dynamic generation of
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:36:28 -0400
John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com> wrote:

No matter how many $$ I put in my sql code it won't work in 7.4 ;)
And I bet (ooh not seriously, since it's not the most proficient way to invest my $$) pgsql 8.X has been backported in
sargeand it should already be in etch (that should be ready before I'll finish my pgsql project).
Anyway I'm quite conservative in administrative related stuff... since I'm not a sysadmin and I don't want to rely on
anythingthat gives me a feeling of not being under my control.

> On Sep 11, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
>
> > Since the code inside the function is getting a bit longer than
> > what I was used I'm getting crazy about double quotes, syntax
> > highlight and such.
> > I'm using pg 7.4 so $$ trick shouldn't work.

> If you can't update to 8.0 or later, you might want to look at
> pgEdit. It can correctly syntax highlight pl/pgsql functions with
> nested quotes.

I came across your website just few minutes ago looking exactly for that.
Second thing I did was feeling solidarity towards your "brave choice" of using pg with drupal.
Third thing I did was to aptitude search gedit in my sid with no luck :(
At a second look I saw your tool is not available for Linux.

syntax highlight would help.
Any other technique/suggestion to code dynamically generated function?

thx

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it