Re: log_duration is redundant, no? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: log_duration is redundant, no?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 06:33:10PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > #2, I think, but I am confused if you don't know the query, how
> > > valuable is the log_duration.
> >
> > Statistics?
>
> I doubt that there is a statistical merit to calculating aggregate
> values over the duration of an anonymous set of queries.

"How heavily loaded is the server" is a perfectly legitimate metric to
have available, especially when more detailed, i.e. more invasive
probes could bring it down.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!