Re: Proposal for GUID datatype - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan de Visser
Subject Re: Proposal for GUID datatype
Date
Re: Proposal for GUID datatype  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 09 September 2006 01:33, mark@mark.mielke.cc wrote:
> I don't think so. If it isn't 128 bits - and you want to fit it into
> 128 bits, it means padding. Where should the padding go? As application
> specific, it is up to the application to convert.

I am not saying that. I am just saying that you shouldn't limit yourself to
any particular input formats. I understand that the example I gave is not a
full GUID. As I said, I use that result as a base for a 128 bit GUID.

Aargh.

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!