Re: Proposal for GUID datatype - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan de Visser
Subject Re: Proposal for GUID datatype
Date
Re: Proposal for GUID datatype  (mark@mark.mielke.cc)
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 09 September 2006 00:42, mark@mark.mielke.cc wrote:
> But if the input isn't 32 hexadecimal characters - I don't see how
> it fits the UUID/GUID type.

Again, it wasn't about that particular *value* (which, as I concurred, is not
a [GU]UID). It was about the fact that different tools spit out stuff in
different formats, and that it would suck royally if you would have to
convert because Gevik didn't think of the particular format of your
particular tool.

But I guess your suggestion of just ignoring punctuation would work just fine.

jan

Jan de Visser                     jdevisser@digitalfairway.com

                Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!