Re: log_duration is redundant, no? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: log_duration is redundant, no?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> I don't find this very persuasive --- it sounds awfully messy, and in
> fact isn't that exactly the old behavior we got rid of because no one
> could understand it?

Well, we want analogous functionality.   We could stand to have it
named/organized differently.   But maybe we should hold those chages for
8.3, so that they can be tested properly?

I am finding that the log format prior to Bruce's change, which we were
using for TPCE, makes it very hard to do log digest analysis if you use
SPs or prepared queries at all.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus