Re: Build date for snapshots? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Build date for snapshots?
Date
Re: Build date for snapshots?  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Josh,

> >> Well, you could grep for the latest $PostgreSQL$ header line's commit
> >> date, but I kinda wonder why exactly you should need to do that.  If you
> >> don't know when you pulled the snapshot you are testing, I submit you
> >> have a process problem you ought to fix.
> >
> > These aren't PostgreSQL test people, but folks from Java and the like
> > testing other stuff.  And they're pulling the build from ftp:/pub/dev/,
> > not from CVS.
>
> O.k. but why aren't they submitting pgsql-bugs?

Believe me, you don't want these people submitting bugs unfiltered by me.
Especially since they can't remember when they grabbed the snapshot.

Seriously, though, it would be an aid to testing if we could add a tag to the
version or README file or something for the pgsql-snapshot that told us build
date.   If there is one, I can't find it.   When Marc gets done putting out
fires, I'll ask him how difficult that would be.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun