Re: Postgres tracking - the pgtrack project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Postgres tracking - the pgtrack project
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 02 September 2006 11:42, Tom Lane wrote:
> BTW, another "output" thing you might consider is "having draft release
> notes ready-to-go on demand".  Currently, Bruce prepares the release
> notes on the basis of a very tedious scan of the CVS commit logs.
> If this sort of stuff were being dropped into a tracker as it went
> into the CVS tree, at least the research part of making the notes would
> be zero-effort (or perhaps better to say that the work would be spread
> out instead of concentrated).

FWIW I have never understood why we don't require patch submitters/committers
to update the release notes when they do the patch.  I know Bruce says that
it's not a problem for him to do it, but it sure would help out some of the
other folks.

--
Robert Treat