Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I see no value in documenting it.

The value in documenting it is that the general awareness about the
progress of development is raised, so more people know where and how to
get involved, as opposed to only three people knowing and the rest
finding out one month after feature freeze that the patch isn't ready.

> I do things only if others do not.  If committers applied patches as
> they came in, the patch queue would be empty, and if others tracked
> open issues, I wouldn't have to.

Fair enough.  Perhaps we should find others with ideas about better
tracking and the willingness to implement them.

--
Peter Eisentraut