int4 to varchar length (pgadmin3) issue - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject int4 to varchar length (pgadmin3) issue
Date
Re: int4 to varchar length (pgadmin3) issue  (Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-novice
hi all,

i initially set up my document revision column as int4
and used integers to define my revisions.  somebody
didn't like integer revisions and requested that i go
to alpha revisions.

when i change (in pgadmin3) the int4 columns to
varchar, everything goes well in pgadmin3 up until the
grayed out box for the length of the varchar stays
grayed out.

iow, i want to limit the the newly converted varchar
revision to 2 characters, but can't due to the grayed
out boxes in pgadmin3.