Re: [DOCS] New XML section for documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [DOCS] New XML section for documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 07:46:57PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Here is an new XML section for our SGML documentation.  It explains

> > the various XML capabilities, if we support them, and how to use
> > them.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> This looks hauntingly similar to Peter's presentation at the

I used the XML/SQL and validation part from his talk, but the rest was
from earlier email discussions.

> conference. :)  I'd add a http://wiscorp.com/SQLStandards.html to the

This seems to be the best URL, but it seems too detailed:

    http://wiscorp.com/H2-2005-197-SC32N1293-WG3_Presentation_for_SC32_20050418.pdf

> reference section.
>
> Speaking of other parts of the SQL:2003 standard, how about one
> section each that mentions them?  There's
>
> Part 4: SQL/PSM (Persistent Stored Modules)
> Part 9: SQL/MED (Management of External Data) (my favorite)
> Part 10: SQL/OLB (Object Language Binding)
> Part 11: SQL/Schemata
> Part 13: SQL/JRT (Java Routines and Types)

I don't know anything about them.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us