Re: Something blocking in libpq_gettext? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Something blocking in libpq_gettext?
Date
List pgsql-general
Marc Munro wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 15:10 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > Wow, that's strange.  Maybe it's trying to fetch something in the
> > message catalogs.  What are your locale settings?
>
> I'm not sure exactly what you need to know.  I do have this tho:
>
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
>
> What other information would be helpful?

SHOW lc_messages, I think.  Is it something else than C?  If so, it will
probably try to read the corresponding postgres.mo file.  Do the hung
processes have that file open?  (I'm not sure if you can find that out
from only the core file.)