Re: [HACKERS] COPY view - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [HACKERS] COPY view
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tuesday 22 August 2006 16:10, Tom Lane wrote:
> > It sucks that patches are posted and no action is taken on them for
> > months.  I agree with that.
>
> This particular patch was originally posted during the 8.1 feature
> freeze window (2005-09-29), so it was doomed to a certain amount of
> languishing on the to-worry-about-later list in any case.  We should
> have gotten around to reviewing it sooner than we did (the followup
> discussion was around 2006-06-14), but there was still plenty of time
> at that point to rework it per the discussion and get it into 8.2.
>
> As I see it, we've effectively got a patch that was rejected once,
> and Bruce wants to apply it anyway because no replacement has been
> forthcoming.

Well, unless someone is going to commit to doing it the other way, it seems
the guy who actually codes something offers a better solution than
handwaving... people have also had plenty of time to come up with a
replacement if that's what they really wanted.

--
Robert Treat