Re: Incremental backup with Postgres 7.3.2 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Saranya Sivakumar
Subject Re: Incremental backup with Postgres 7.3.2
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the information. We are planning to upgrade to the latest version soon, but in the meanwhile we wanted to have a hot-backup by doing the incremental dumps.

I think I will go ahead with the upgrade to 7.3.15 first.
I wouldn't need to do a dump/restore to upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.3.15, right?

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Saranya

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Saranya Sivakumar writes:
> Is it possible to set up incremental backups on Postgres 7.3.2?

Nope, 8.0 is the first release that supports that. 7.3.2 is very old
and has many known bugs, so you ought to think about an upgrade anyway.
(Or at least get yourself onto 7.3.15, the latest 7.3 release.)

regards, tom lane

Do you Yahoo!?