Re: logos and the BSD license - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: logos and the BSD license
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 21 August 2006 06:39, Koen Martens wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering, how the BSD license applies to images (as on
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/graphics/).
>
> I am working on a magazine ad, and was wondering whether i could use
> one of those PostgreSQL logo's. The idea is to have a bar of logo's
> of supported products in the ad, among which is PostgreSQL.
>
> But the BSD license talks about source code and binary form,
> mentioning that the copyright should be included. So, is it correct
> to state that the logo can be used in an ad, providing that it
> mentions that the logo is copyright by such-and-such..?

The graphics available in the project are also licensed under a BSD license,
which I *think* is covered by having meta information on the graphic file
stating the license and where it was achieved from.  Someone probably ought
to do an audit of those graphics to verify that, but that is the intention
afaik.

--
Robert Treat