Re: text formatting in a query, a la sprintf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: text formatting in a query, a la sprintf
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 08:21:18PM -0700, Reece Hart wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 16:50 -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > Here's a trivial (and only minimally tested) PL/Ruby function:
>
> Thanks, Michael.  That's a solution I can use.  Now I just have to
> compile postgresql for ruby support...

You don't have to recompile PostgreSQL; PL/Ruby isn't included with
the source code as PL/Perl, PL/Python, and PL/Tcl are.  You can get
it from here:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/pl-ruby

Unpack the tarball and see README.en for instructions.

--
Michael Fuhr