Re: Slow access to PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thomas Pundt
Subject Re: Slow access to PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

On Thursday 10 August 2006 12:00, Phil Cairns wrote:
| In fact, the information is going from the
| server to the client machine at dialup speeds over a 100 Mb LAN to some
| machines, and full speed to others.
[...]
| There are no problems with copying files across the network.

and you are really really sure that this is not a network issue? I'd
double check that this is not a duplex mismatch, misconfigured router
or switch or something in that direction.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt@rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----