Re: 8.2 features status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 8.2 features status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Why not as long as we have someone who can actually make "approved"
> >> todos versus wishlist type stuff.
> >
> > So you want a wish-list wiki?  Great idea, I can link to it from the
> > TODO list.  Is that all people want?
>
> Do you miss my point (not being sarcastic) about having:
>
> 1. Better descriptions about the todo/feature? E.g; feature specification

I am not sure there is enough churn of TODO items to make larger
descriptions worth it.  As it is, I have to link to new URLs as the TODO
item is clarified.

> 2. The ability to categorize todo items

Categorize how?

> 3. Heck *your portion* of the TODO would be easily satisfied by having a
> single line with a link that points to the specific wiki page.

But who is going to do that if no one has done anything in the past for
the TODO list.  I keep asking that.