Re: DB connectivity from a client machine - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: DB connectivity from a client machine
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:25:12PM -0400, Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Why I'm asking this is (though generally m/c hosting the middle tier
> component can connect to the m/c hosting the Db without any DB client
> installed) because i tried to run ecpg in the middle tier m/c and it doesn't
> work. Well it would definitely not work coz ecpg comes with postgres.

This is about the third time you claim ecpg doesn't work. Would you
please be so kind to explain what doesn't work? Of course ecpg can be
run on a machine without a PostgreSQL server. And programs compiled with
ecpg also do not need a server on the same machine, why should they?

This is why Debian for instance has a seperate ecpg package.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes