Re: 8.2 features status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: 8.2 features status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 12:19:54AM -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> >So, the things I hear most non-postgresql people complain about wrt
> >postgresql are:
> >
> >no full text indexing built in
>
> FTI is a biggie in my mind.  I know it ain't happening for 8.2, but is
> the general plan to integrate TSearch2 directly into the backend?

When the Tsearch developers say so I think. This will be the first
major release with GIN which will form the basis of future releases of
tsearch. IIRC they have a whole list of features they still want to add
before it gets included...

Have a nice day,