Fwd: Standard interfaces for replication providers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Fwd: Standard interfaces for replication providers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

This just came out of the GORDA project.   I'd love to see the comments of our
replication/clustering geeks here on the list.

--Josh

Subject: [Hackers] Standard interfaces for replication providers
Date: Friday 04 August 2006 02:09
From: Jose Orlando Pereira <jop@lsd.di.uminho.pt>
To: hackers@osdbconsortium.org

Hi,

We have just published the first draft of a proposal for standard  interfaces
for database replication protocols. This interface enables DBMS  independent
replication middleware, specifically, for eager and multi-master
replication. The proposed interface should also be useful for a wider range
of distributed database middleware.

This interface is currently rendered in Java and backed up byproof-of-concept implementations on PostgreSQL and Apache
Derby,several toyapplications, and a replication suite based on group communication.

Downloads of source code and documentation are available at:
http://gorda.di.uminho.pt/community

We welcome the comments and suggestions of the open source database
hackers,

--
Jose Orlando Pereira