Re: 8.2 feature set - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: 8.2 feature set
Date
Re: 8.2 feature set
List pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 02 August 2006 18:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am thinking we will portray 8.2 as a release focused on usability
> improvements.  We do have a few large features, like perhaps bit-mapped
> indexes, but in general, the release has a lot of additions that make
> things easier to use, rather than adding new features or performance.

In theory I agree with you, though it would be nice to get an updated copy of
the release notes before we solidify that judgement. Any eta on when you plan
to do them up? (Yeah, I realize we haven't applied all patches yet)

On a side note... has the on-disk format changed for this release? I don't
recall seeing anything that changed it, but could have easily missed
something.

--
Robert Treat