Re: Strange error message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Finner
Subject Re: Strange error message
Date
List pgsql-general
Disk full or otherwise problems with the disk?

I remember I saw somthing similiar some months ago and the reason was (AFAIR) something like a full partition or a
partitionset to readonly, or a broken mountpoint because of hardware errors. With Linux, not MSW.

Regards, Frank

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:44:54 +0200 "Christian Rengstl" <Christian.Rengstl@klinik.uni-regensburg.de> thought long, then
satdown and wrote:

> Unfortunately it's windows, but nevertheless it worked now for weeks and suddenly the postgre user should not be able
tocopy anymore? Besides, the file was copied and then disappeared from the pg_xlog directory, nevertheless postgre kept
tryingto copy the very same file.

> "A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote on 08/02/06 9:40 am:
> > am  02.08.2006, um  9:27:22 +0200 mailte Christian Rengstl folgendes:
> >> Postgre copied the file 0000000100000020000000D2 to the specified directory and now it says it can't be copied...I
really,really don't get it!

--
Frank Finner

Invenius - Lösungen mit Linux
Köpfchenstraße 36
57072 Siegen
Telefon: 0271 231 8606    Mail: frank.finner@invenius.de
Telefax: 0271 231 8608    Web:  http://www.invenius.de
Key fingerprint = 90DF FF40 582E 6D6B BADF  6E6A A74E 67E4 E788 2651

Attachment