Re: SPI_getvalue fails - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: SPI_getvalue fails
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 12:29:25PM +0530, vivek@staff.ownmail.com wrote:
> I get a coredump if I try to use SPI_getvalue. Upon writing some
> logs, I see that postgresql gets the insert  statement properly
> with all the values non null but the variable trigdata->tg_trigtuple
> is NULL. I am not able to figure out why it happens so.

The connection between trigdata->tg_trigtuple being NULL and
SPI_getvalue() causing a core dump isn't clear from what you've
written.  It sounds like you're writing a C function that's called
via a trigger -- is that correct?  Could you post the CREATE TRIGGER
statement and the function's code?

--
Michael Fuhr