Re: GUC with units, details - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: GUC with units, details
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:03:00AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Accepting "page" (or "block"?) as a unit might be a reasonable

You hit on something that's always irked me a bit... we tend to toss out
'page' and 'block' (and sometimes even 'buffer') randomly when referring
to different things that are keyed to BLCKSZ; perhaps we should pick one
as the standard? I know all of us know what we're talking about, but I
suspect this could be confusing to users.