Re: CSStorm occurred again by postgreSQL8.2. (Re: poor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masanori ITOH
Subject Re: CSStorm occurred again by postgreSQL8.2. (Re: poor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi folks,

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>
Subject: Re: CSStorm occurred again by postgreSQL8.2. (Re: [HACKERS] poor
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:53:53 +0200

> Katsuhiko Okano wrote:
> >> Can you provide a reproducible test case for this?
> >
> > Seven machines are required in order to perform measurement.
> > (DB*1,AP*2,CLient*4)
> > Enough work load was not able to be given in two machines.
> > (DB*1,{AP+CL}*1)
> >

> > It was not able to reappear to a multiplex run of pgbench
> > or a simple SELECT query.
> > TPC-W of a work load tool used this time is a full scratch.
> > Regrettably it cannot open to the public.
> > If there is a work load tool of a free license, I would like to try.
>

> FYI: there is a free tpc-w implementation done by Jan available at:
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/tpc-w-php/

FYI(2):
 There is one more (pseudo) TPC-W implementation by OSDL.
 http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/kernel_testing/osdl_database_test_suite/osdl_dbt-1/
 One more comment is that Katsuhiko't team is using their own version of  TPC-W like benchmark suite, and he cannot
makeit public.

 Also, his point is that he tried to reproduce the CSS phenomena using pgbench and a proguram issuing heavily multiple
SELECTqueries on a single table but they didn't work well reproducing CSS.

Regards,
Masanori

> Stefan

---
Masanori ITOH  NTT OSS Center, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation              e-mail:
ito.masanori@oss.ntt.co.jp             phone : +81-3-5860-5015