Re: plPHP and plRuby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: plPHP and plRuby
Date
Re: plPHP and plRuby  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: plPHP and plRuby  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> But the reasons that applied to PL/Java (masses of non-C code was the
> main one) probably don't apply in these 2 cases.

I don't think it's the amount of non-C code; it's the amount of code
that no one understands.  Plus, an argument *for* inclusion was build
farm coverage, which I understand will be solved in a different way,
applicable to all external modules.  Another argument was buzzword
compliance, which doesn't apply to these two new candidates.  So in
summary, while I have not seen any valid reason for these inclusions,
there continue to be some against it.

--
Peter Eisentraut