Looking for (ORACLE) Autonomous transaction in POSTGRES... - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Thomas SMETS - disposable add
Subject Looking for (ORACLE) Autonomous transaction in POSTGRES...
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dear,I am working on a big project (running on Oracle as too often).I was considering to propose to switch part of the
DBto Postgres as there is no need to pay

the hefty price for what we need.The only glitch is the lack of something similar to the AUTOMONOUS_TRANSACTION pragma
in

Oracle parlance. The reason is that we like to have things like Log4PLSQL / Log4J on all our code
so that any error can be traced (and recoverd).When is something similar foreseen in PostgreSQL ... ?Tx,\T,
p.s. : http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/plpgsql-porting.html#PLPGSQL-PORTING-EX4 was of
little help to see how I could have someting similar to it

--
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.

T. : +32 (0)2 742 05 94
M. : +32 (0)497 44 68 12
@  : duvelbier-tsmets@yahoo.com
Do you skype too ... (callto://tsmets/) ?