Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:54:19 -0300 (ADT)
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>> Well NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now so I'm not sure what point you are
>>> trying to make.  Sure it would be nice if every OS provided every version of
>>> every package, but when they don't what are you going to do about it? Provide
>>> a complete package or require manual assembly?
>>
>> Well, in the case of FreeBSD, I can easily volunteer that if someone
>> wanted to make a port of pl/java to include, I can commit it for them ...
>> I don't know how NetBSDs system works, but I suspect it is similar ... the
>> only reason 'NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now' is because nobody a) is
>> using it under NetBSD or b) submitted a port to their system
>
> And I can commit it to NetBSD if someone sends it to me.  I don't use
> PL/Java myself so I can't test it but I can make sure that it
> compiles and put it into our pkgsrc tree.  We have a build farm for
> packages so I can confirm it for all the platforms we run on.

Agreed, FreeBSD has similar ... as soon as its in our ports system, it
will be auto-built/packaged for each platform we support, which includes,
but is not limited to, i386, AMD64 and Solaris ...

But Thomas, that means finding someone willing to do the work to build the
port ... :)

----