Resurrecting per-page cleaner for btree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Resurrecting per-page cleaner for btree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

Can we resurrect the patch proposed by Junji TERAMOTO?
It removes unnecessary items before btree pages split.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-01/msg00301.php

There was a problem in the patch when we restarted scans from deleted tuples.
But now we scan pages at-a-time, so the problem is resolved, isn't it?
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-05/msg00008.php

I think this feature is independent from the SITC project and useful for
heavily-updated indexes. If it is worthwhile, I'll revise the patch to
catch up on HEAD.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro