Re: More nuclear options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mark@mark.mielke.cc
Subject Re: More nuclear options
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 03:53:26PM -0400, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >All I am saying is that it couldn't hurt to put the information out
> >there...   we're not hurting for disk space and none of this stuff appears
> >inherently wrong, just outdated, but it might still prove useful for some
> >people.
> Again, it's the same question.  If *you* want to be the maintainer, I'll
> put it on pgfoundry.  Otherwise, you're asking me to be responsible for
> the code because you don't want to throw it away.

To present a somewhat external opinion - I've looked at pgfoundry in
the past and been both confused and disappointed. Code that doesn't
compile, with no maintainer gives me a dirty taste in my mouth, and
my inner voice says "what the heck is this crap?"

There are several open source projects that give me this taste. Please
help PostgreSQL not be on this list by pruning dead projects, or
poor quality projects from the public image. It's EMBARASSING! :-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
mark

--
mark@mielke.cc / markm@ncf.ca / markm@nortel.com     __________________________
 One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all                      and in the darkness
bindthem...

                          http://mark.mielke.cc/